Please note that you may need to sign into Google to see the interactive maps.
The single track course is generally rolling with a number of short, but steep, ascents and descents. The course surface is mostly dirt, but includes many obstacles including tree roots, rocks, and uneven ground. The Mountains to Sea Trail passes through Eno River State Park, Durham’s West Point on the Eno Park, and Penny’s Bend Nature Preserve and affords views of the Eno River from high bluffs and riverside trails. Multiple old home and mill sites and the old Durham Pump Station are viewable from the trail. The trail also passes through old growth forests, dense laurel groves, old farms and bottomlands. The course follows the Eno River east to west on trails and greenways. There are only a few short roadside stretches and minimal road crossings.
- Marathon start is at Hickory Hill Boat Ramp off Redwood Rd
- 10 miler start, parking for both distances and the after-party are at West Point Park Amphitheater
- Finish for both races is at the Eno River Rock Quarry
- Elevation profile and detailed trail notes for Segment 10 of the Mountain to Sea Trail The FINISH is at about mile marker 2 on the elevation profile. Folks say that last hill is pretty intense.
- For more information, see Logistics